Sunday, January 27, 2008

Why, Aren't You Just a Ball of Sunshine, Pregnancy Email

Update: Upon receiving an email from them this morning with the topic "can working moms have happy babies?" I promptly unsubscribed to their services. No more iVillage for me.

I've been receiving a pregnancy progress email throughout much of the pregnancy. It's been fun to read about how the baby is developing and what changes to expect in myself. It's also made me happy not to have had a lot of the side effects they detail.

A few weeks ago I decided to double my efforts and sign up for a new one at iVillage.com, despite knowing that that website is extremely commercial and generally loosey-goosey with their advice.

This week I received this cheerful message in my inbox:

31 weeks:

"At this point you may be quite eager for your pregnancy to end and your baby to be born. Aches and pains, along with feelings of anxiety, may be on the rise. Your body might be weighing you down, and weird stuff (like false contractions and vaginal secretions) is starting to pop up. The final weeks may begin to drag, but you're very near the finish line now."

Um ... Thanks iVillage.

Although I am getting more uncomfortable, it's definitely not as bad as they make it sound. I can't wait to see what they come up with next month ...

4 comments:

Victoria Lee Rule - McSpadden said...

Hello my lovely daughter, I miss your smiling face so much. I can't wait to see you, I found some of your baby cloths and I am washing them tonite. I pulled up your blog and showed uncle Bill, Joan, Aunt VV, and Grammy. The cats say meowwwwwwwwww, and they also believe that you are having a g&(&&&&&(&(. I don't speak cat, so I am not sure what that was. I love you and miss you so. I will see you soon. Love, OOOOOOOXXXXXXX MOM

Victoria Lee Rule - McSpadden said...

Oh, when I come to the Twin Cities I will be bringing GOOD MEXICAN Food.....he he.... Say hell to Joe, your wonderful husband. And my great son-inlaw, what a good man he is. He is going to be a good dad, and you are going to be the best mom....so protective, and loving. I am so very proud of you. There is noting like the love of a child, it is located in another part of your heart. It is in a part that you have never felt before, in a very fagile and extremly strong area. Strong, because you will need to be strong to bear the storms that will knock you to the ground. And then the first smile happens, the first I love you, and your done. They are your world, nothing else matters to you. Your child is your world, their happiness matters to you. I love you....be good, you little mother...he he. I love you, mom

Victoria Lee Rule - McSpadden said...

Hi Brooke & Joe you look marvelous, I have enjoyed all that you have written on your site.
Your hair has grown along with you tummy he he he...
I think you’re having a boy, that's what I feel your baby will be! I hope all is well for you 3 in the cool northern state on Minnesota, Joan had planned on visiting here sister in Minneapolis before Christmas but did not make the trip. I think she will visit her family sometime in the warmer weather. I always think of Joe every time I hear a Prince Song what a guy!!

Not much new around here, still doing signs and restoring VW Buses. I have sold 5 buses in the last year on eBay and made over $6,000. Profit on each one. I will be listing a 1971 VW bus on this coming Tuesday and hope to make $10,000. on this fully restore bus. It’s been raining more than normal and we are all complaining about the bad weather in San Diego….no snow! You know what I mean about how we southern CAL. People complain, we have to have something I guess right!


Let me know if I can do anything for you...please.



I love you

Uncle Pill….. AKA William Rule

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how freaky and scary those emails can be, isn't it!

I've just started to ignore that stuff so I don't feel depressed. Anyway, I'm glad you are enjoying your 'meta-existence', as you say!

I was going to say something meaningful, but being as I have preggy brain, I just totally forgot. Bleh!