Friday, January 18, 2008

Music

I've said from the beginning that I think this baby might be a musician like his or her grandfather and great-grandfather. For whatever reason music has been more pronounced to me while pregnant.

I'm amazed at the way an album or song can remind you exactly of a time and place, or even, collective state of mind. Ani Difranco's Reprieve album reminds me of the campaign so vividly that I have actually refrained from listening to the album much since so that I can preserve that connotation for a time when I am able to write down a few reflections about the experience.

I wonder what songs will bring back what it feels like now to be so close to this baby, yet so curious about and unknowing of who he or she is. It's bound to be Andrew Bird songs and maybe a little Zeppelin.

No comments: