Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sleep, I Think I Love You

Let's revamp the way we're thinking about this whole baby thing. Don't get me wrong, I really want to meet this baby (as everyone does). But I've been enjoying the sleep I've been getting for the last few days and it's reminding me of some important facts.

The baby's doing fine. It's easier for me to care for him or her now than it will be after birth and I bet I'm going to look back on all this sleep fondly in a couple of weeks once I'm on the baby's sleep schedule.

Also, we didn't make a dummy. I think this baby knows about the snow and is waiting for it to be over. I think the storm shall pass and the baby shall arrive.

In the meantime, Joe and I are going on a date to the movies tomorrow if we're not having the baby. I'm looking forward to either activity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Brooke. It could be worse. My mom made it to almost 44 weeks with her first child before they induced.

They're pretty sure that the doctor had the due date incorrect. So, really, you could look at it that way, too.

:)

Heather W said...

Sleep or no sleep, if I were you Brooke, I'd be at the "get out of me now!" point. E

veryone wants to meet the baby. It's time for him/her to just arrive. It's like arriving late to your own party or something :)