Friday, March 18, 2011

PPC day sixty four: delayed gratificatiion



Keen is fussy at night. At least for now there is about a two hour period each night in which he initiates nursing but will not latch and if he gets frustrated enough kicks, screams, wiggles.

The first night of this I felt lost. Truman needed me all the time but I could fix everything with milk. Keen needs more than that. He needs me to help protect him from getting frustrated.

So last night I did. For two hours or more we switched position every time he got frustrated and it helped.

I was waiting to eat a small piece of chocolate until he fell asleep and while this may have added to my frustration my snack of water and chocolate in being delayed seemed to amplify the pride and love I felt when he was asleep there in my arms, lulled by diligence, presence, patients and love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cash stresses restrict you from investing in factors you need? Learn silver generating guidelines from the pros. Want effective books focused on producing silver by the most immediate procedure on the market, and in history time? WoW silver creating books are just one simply disappear. http://www.fifacoinfast.com
Buy WOW Gold
RS Gold